Grekkon Limited introduced the Meganet sprinkler in Kenya for smallholder farmers who have small acreage. Common water sprinklers in Kenya are butterfly sprinklers, rain gun sprinklers, pop-up and impact sprinklers. The Meganet sprinkler is an addition to our basket of irrigation systems we provide to growers. It has a symmetrical structure in it which allows water to split into two equal jets. This way, water is distributed evenly. It is a high-performance sprinkler with a 3/4 inch male thread inlet.
Where to use a Meganet sprinkler
- In nurseries to achieve even germination. This is because of its gentle tiny droplets water jets
- On open-field vegetable crops
- In orchards or forestry to irrigate underneath the canopy
How Meganet sprinklers work
It works through a pop-up mechanism whereby it opens up during irrigation.
A Meganet sprinkler installation on a tea plantation by Grekkon Limited in Othaya, Nyeri County
Meganet sprinkler specs
1. Filtration. Despite using the same mechanism as a pop-up sprinkler to work, one distinguishing factor is that the Meganet sprinkler has an inbuilt mesh (400-micron or 40 mesh) filter. To clean this filter, detach it from the sprinkler and wipe it with a soft cloth.
2. Working pressure. It works at a pressure rating of 20 to 30-meter head or 2 to 3 bar pressure. To achieve this pressure, work with a surface electric, petrol, or diesel generator pump. The size of the pump is determined by the number of working sprinklers. The more the units, the more powerful and larger the water pump will be
3. Water discharge rate. The flow rate is from 200 to 390 liters per hour according to the pressure and number of sprinklers
4. Irrigation area. The irrigation diameter is 14 meters. A farmer will space the sprinklers 10 x 10 meters from each other to achieve complete coverage and avoid dry ‘shadows’
5. Placement height. To achieve this, the Meganet sprinkler will be placed 1 meter above the ground.
Price of water sprinkler in Kenya
Grekkon Limited prices a unit of this sprinkler at Kes 750 for a 3/4”. They are available in our stores countrywide
The irrigation sprinkler price in Kenya depends on the sprinkler type. Per acreage cost of sprinkler systems in Kenya will range from Kes 45,000 to Kes 80,000.