Our rain gun sprinklers for sale in Kenya specifications are of the new generation of high-volume, high-pressure rain gun sprinklers in Kenya. Our low-pressure rain gun sprinkler specification is 1” in diameter, with a throw of 12M in diameter. The larger ones require high pressure. Rain gun sprinkler irrigation cost is lower than a drip system at the point of installation. However, rain gun sprinklers are more expensive to run than a drip irrigation system because they require a pump, while the latter will work with gravity flow. Rain gun pipes are; PVC or HDPE or delivery lay flat pipes, whose use is described in detail below.
Rain gun sprinklers prices
PY series plastic rain gun sprinklers from 1.5″ to 2.5″ inlets
- 1’’. Irrigation diameter 20M. Water discharge volume 4-5 cubic per hour. A booster pump for this rain gun will work
- 1.5’’. Irrigation diameter 30M to 45M. Water discharge volume 7-8 cubic per hour
|Rain gun Type||Price in KES
|PY 30 metallic||KES 13,500|
|RM metallic||KES 15,000|
|Flange metallic||KES 35,000|
2’’. Irrigation diameter 40M to 60M. Water discharge volume 14-15 cubic per hour
|Rain gun Type||Price in KES
|PY metallic||KES 14,500|
|RM metallic||KES 17,000|
|Flange metallic||KES 60,000|
2.5’’. Irrigation diameter 50M. Water discharge volume 23-25 cubic per hour
- Kes 16,000 for the PY 5o rain gun
Rain gun acreage installation cost. The cost of a sprinkler system in Kenya is from Kes 55,000 an acre. It varies with the types of rain guns and size
Our rain gun sprinkler types are;
- PY series. PY 30, PY 40, and PY 50
- Flange rain gun
Grekkon Limited introduced a new model of the rain-gun sprinkler to the Kenyan market; the double nozzle steel and brass Rain-gun series. These Rain gun specifications are; 2 nozzles, a main top nozzle of 16mm, and a small underneath nozzle of 8mm. The purpose of the small nozzle is to eliminate any “water shadow’’ areas or sections within the irrigated farm that remain dry.
How to use a rain gun; choice of crops to irrigate
- Horticulture. cabbage, spinach, kales, carrot, onion, garlic, strawberry, and pineapple
- Broad-acre crops. wheat, barley, canola, sugarcane, and corn/ maize
- Fruit orchards. citrus (orange, tangerine, and lemon), avocado, macadamia, papaya, guava, mango, tree tomato, and passion
- Forestry. seedlings and mature trees
- Pasture crop. lucerne, Rhode grass5, and all other pasture grass
- Herbs. mint, lemongrass, geranium, tagete, and so on
- Hedge plants. kei apple, bougainvillea, cypress
Is rain gun good for irrigation?
Crops that are easily susceptible to fungal infections as a result of dampness on their leaves such as tomatoes and peppers are better irrigated using the drip irrigation system method.
Our RG sprinklers work best at a pressure rating of 30M to 40M head or 3 bars to 4 bars of pressure. When determining a suitable pump to power these sprinklers, one must consider the water discharge rate and the pressure rating. The pump must meet these specs. When connecting say 2 RGs of 2″ each to a pump, the water discharged by the pump will be 15 cubics per hour by 2 units so 30 cubics per hour. The pump water discharge specs must meet this specification
RG Irrigation System Design FAQs
A. How do you install a rain gun?
- Lay the mainline which is connected to your high-pressure water pump
- Lay and connect the lateral or sub mainline to the mainline
- Connect the rain gun sprinkler to the sub mainline using a delivery lay flat pipe, an HDPE pipe or PVC pipe
B. How do you design a rain gun irrigation system design?
The input pipe will be; PVC, HDPE, PPR, or a delivery pipe. Since the sprinklers work under high pressure, each of these pipe’s pressure rating should be a PN8 at the minimum. Each rain-gun sprinkler has a 1M steel tripod stand for support. The sprinklers can be manually adjusted to spray at any angle from 10 degrees to 360 degrees.
C. Can I use a booster pump for the rain gun?
Booster pumps for water gun irrigation work well when drawing water from a tank. Use it with the 1″ rain gun.
D. How do I assemble a rain gun irrigation system?
i. Connect the rain gun head to the tripod stand
ii. Attach a PVC, HDPE, or delivery pipe to the rain gun sprinkler inlet at the base
iii. Adjust the water gun sprinkler to the desired angle of irrigation water delivery
iv. Start your irrigation water pump
E. How much area does a rain gun cover?
This depends on the inlet size, type of RG sprinkler, pressure rating and flow rate. The table below provides details
|Type||Make||Inlet Diameter||Max Spray Diameter||Min Head (Pressure Rating)||Max Flow Rate|
|Flange (F)||Metallic (M)||2″||60M||40M||60M3/ Hr|
|PY 50||Metallic||2.5″||40M||30M||25M3/ Hr|
|PY 40||Metal||2″||35M||30M||17M3/ Hr|
|PY 30||Metallic||1.5″||30M||30M||8M3/ Hr|
|RM||Metal- Brass||1.5″||30M||30M||8M3/ Hr|
|Plastic (P)||Plastic- Hard Black||1″||12M||10M||3M3/ Hr|
|None Metallic||Plastic||1/2″||5M||10M||1.5M3/ Hr|