Grekkon Limited Rain-gun Sprinklers Technical Information
Rain gun sprinklers are a new generation of high volume, high-pressure sprinklers. They perform well in the following crops;
1. Horticulture. cabbage, spinach, kales, carrot, onion, garlic, strawberry, and pineapple
2. Broad acre crops. wheat, barley, canola, sugarcane and corn/ maize
3. Fruit orchards. citrus (orange, tangerine, and lemon), avocado, macadamia, papaya, guava, mango, tree tomato, and passion
4. Forestry. seedlings and mature trees
5. Pasture crop. lucerne, rhode grass5, and all other pasture grass
6. Herbs. mint, lemongrass, geranium, tagete and so on
7. Hedge plants. kei apple, bougainvillea, cypress
Crops that are easily susceptible to fungal infections as a result of dampness on their leaves such as tomato and peppers are better irrigated using the drip irrigation system method.
Grekkon Limited has introduced a new model of the rain-gun sprinkler to the Kenyan market; the double nozzle steel and brass Rain-gun series. This Rain gun sprinkler series has 2 nozzles, a main top nozzle of 16mm and a small underneath nozzle of 8mm. The purpose of the small nozzle is to eliminate any “water shadow’’ areas or sections within the irrigated farm that remain dry.
Grekkon Limited’s sprinklers are categorized according to input pipe size as;
1.5’’. Irrigation diameter 30M. Water discharge volume 7-8 cubic per hour. It costs Kes 17,000
2’’. Irrigation diameter 40M. Water discharge volume 14-15 cubic per hour. It costs Kes 19,000
2.5’’. Irrigation diameter 50M. Water discharge volume 23-25 cubic per hour. It costs Kes 21,000
Our rain gun sprinklers work best at a pressure rating of 30M to 40M head or 3 bars to 4 bars of pressure. When determining a suitable pump to power the sprinklers, one must consider the water discharge rate and the pressure rating. The pump must meet these specs. When connecting say 2 rain gun sprinklers of 2″ each to a pump, the water discharged by the pump will be 15 cubic per hour by 2 units so 30 cubic per hour. The pump water discharge specs must meet this specification.
The input pipe can be; PVC, HDPE, PPR or a delivery pipe. Since the sprinklers work under high pressure, each of these pipe’s pressure rating should be a PN8 at the minimum. Each rain-gun sprinkler has a 1M steel tripod stand for support. The sprinklers can be manually adjusted to spray in any angle from 10 degrees to 360 degrees.
Read more in the links below