Grekkon Limited Rain-gun Sprinklers Specification
Our rain gun sprinklers specifications are the best of the new generation of high volume, high-pressure rain gun sprinklers in Kenya. These water gun sprinklers perform well under low pressure for the small size and high pressure for the large ones.
Water gun irrigation specifications
Grekkon Limited introduced a new model of the rain-gun sprinkler to the Kenyan market; the double nozzle steel and brass Rain-gun series. These Rain gun specifications are; 2 nozzles, a main top nozzle of 16mm, and a small underneath nozzle of 8mm. The purpose of the small nozzle is to eliminate any “water shadow’’ areas or sections within the irrigated farm that remain dry.
Rain gun sprinklers prices
- 1’’. Irrigation diameter 20M. Water discharge volume 4-5 cubic per hour. A booster pump for this rain gun will work.
- 1.5’’. Irrigation diameter 30M. Water discharge volume 7-8 cubic per hour.
Kes 5,000 for the plastic type. Kes 13,500 for the PY type. Kes 15,000 for the RM type
- 2’’. Irrigation diameter 40M. Water discharge volume 14-15 cubic per hour.
Kes 14,500 for the PY type. Kes 17,000 for the RM type
- 2.5’’. Irrigation diameter 50M. Water discharge volume 23-25 cubic per hour
Choice of crops to irrigate with the rain gun irrigation system
- Horticulture. cabbage, spinach, kales, carrot, onion, garlic, strawberry, and pineapple
- Broadacre crops. wheat, barley, canola, sugarcane and corn/ maize
- Fruit orchards. citrus (orange, tangerine, and lemon), avocado, macadamia, papaya, guava, mango, tree tomato, and passion
- Forestry. seedlings and mature trees
- Pasture crop. lucerne, Rhode grass5, and all other pasture grass
- Herbs. mint, lemongrass, geranium, tagete and so on
- Hedge plants. kei apple, bougainvillea, cypress
Crops that are easily susceptible to fungal infections as a result of dampness on their leaves such as tomatoes and peppers are better irrigated using the drip irrigation system method.
Our rain gun sprinklers work best at a pressure rating of 30M to 40M head or 3 bars to 4 bars of pressure. When determining a suitable pump to power the sprinklers, one must consider the water discharge rate and the pressure rating. The pump must meet these specs. When connecting say 2 rain gun sprinklers of 2″ each to a pump, the water discharged by the pump will be 15 cubics per hour by 2 units so 30 cubics per hour. The pump water discharge specs must meet this specification.
Rain gun Irrigation System Design
The input pipe will be; PVC, HDPE, PPR, or a delivery pipe. Since the sprinklers work under high pressure, each of these pipe’s pressure rating should be a PN8 at the minimum. Each rain-gun sprinkler has a 1M steel tripod stand for support. The sprinklers can be manually adjusted to spray at any angle from 10 degrees to 360 degrees.
Booster pumps for water gun irrigation work well when drawing water from a tank. Use it with the 1″ rain gun.
i. Connect the rain gun head to the tripod stand
ii. Attach a PVC, HDPE, or delivery pipe to the rain gun sprinkler inlet at the base
iii. Adjust the water gun sprinkler to the desired angle of irrigation water delivery
iv. Start your irrigation water pump