- About WordPress
- Grekkon Limited
- 88 Plugin Updates
- 00 Comments in moderation
- SEOGood SEO score
- Howdy, Admin
Diesel water pumps in Kenya by Grekkon Limited range from small portable to large heavy fixed models. These diesel water pump models feature open impellers suitable for pumping lightly silted water to sludgy water which is common in most farms. Our diesel water pumps have an air-cooled engine that excels in pumping irrigation water. They are by various manufacturers in Malaysia, Japan, and the UK.
- Low-pressure water pump Kes 45,000. Specs; head 28M, flow rate 30 cubic liters per hour, inlet/ outlet pipe 3” and 5.2 Hp. For pumping directly to a water reservoir, tank or to directly power low-pressure irrigation systems. These are; small impact sprinklers, butterfly sprinklers, or a drip irrigation system.
- High-pressure water pump Kes 70,000. Specs; head 75M, flow rate 39 cubic liters per hour, inlet/ outlet pipe 3” and 14 Hp. It will do everything a low-pressure water pump will, and also power the larger sprinklers, and a rain hose irrigation kit.
- Very high-pressure water pump Kes 80,000. Specs; head 84M, flow rate 41 cubic liters per hour, inlet/ outlet pipe 3” and 16 Hp. This one will do everything a high-pressure water pump will, and also in steeper gradients where (2) above cannot power.
These diesel water pumps are self-priming and depending on the type, work on medium-sized to large scale acreage irrigation. They have low to high fuel consumption, again depending on the generator size, with a suction lift of 7.5M. The smaller versions are easy to maintain with no special tools required, while the larger ones require higher maintenance. Regular servicing keeps them in good working condition.
They are in 2 categories according to type
- High-pressure water pumps. These pumps have a lift/ head that exceeds 50M. Head is a measure of how high a pump pushes up water vertically at 90 degrees angle. The higher it it, the greater the pressure exerted by the water pump. They drive irrigation water over a steep elevation or height. Here we have high volume and low volume types. High volume water pumps deliver an upward of 48 cubic liters per hour. High-pressure water pumps have a double impeller.
- Low-pressure water pumps. They have a low head rating and irrigate downhill or flat terrains. Here we have low volume and high volume water pumps. Low-pressure water pumps have a single impeller.
Our diesel water pump’s generators range is from 7.5Hp to 36Hp types. High pressure, high water volume models have the highest generator power rating. Low pressure, low volume types have the lowest generator power rating. The inlet and outlet water pipe diameter are 50mm/ 1-1/2 inch, 63mm/ 2 inches, 90mm/ 3 inches, 4″ and 6”.
We advise growers on the most appropriate water pump type based on; farm size, crop water need, elevation and the client’s budget.