Grekkon Limited’s insect nets protect your crops against all insects pests that attack growing crops at any stage. Our insect nets have the following features.
- Have UV treatment. This is to keep away the harmful reflects of UV rays on crops, and to prevent quick degradation of the net as a result. The net has a usable lifespan of 6 years.
- Insect nets are white in color to provide a high reflective, insect repelling surface.
- They come in two different pore sizes, 0.4mm and 0.9mm. The former keeps away the tiniest of insects such as white flies, which the latter pore size may not. 0.4mm pore size agricultural insect nets are for crops that are economically affected by such insects. Examples are; tomato and sweet pepper. 0.9mm is effective in crops like herbs or tree crops which white flies do not prey on. The 0.4mm net is 20% more expensive than the 0.9mm.
- It has 2 widths; three meters and five point five meters from which growers choose according to their project.
Where to insect nets
- Insect net is a side netting in a greenhouse structure to prevent insect pest entry.
- In Grekkon Limited’s natural solar dryers, insect nets cover the air flow vents and also as a component of the shelf. On the shelf, to support drying of small gains such a rice without them dropping off.
- As a side netting for shade houses- similar to a greenhouse.
- To cover a fish pond. As a safety measure for children and pests in a fish pond or small to medium sized water reservoir.
We train farmers on the proper installation of these nets to avoid damage and tearing. This reduces the net’s overall lifespan. Grekkon Limited’s technicians and agronomists are available to advise farmers on net selection, use and installation. From our Nairobi, Eldoret and Nyeri offices, this service is available for free.