Quarter-acre drip irrigation kits price depends on the crop type. In Kenya, the cost of quarter-acre drip irrigation for; one drip row per bed, two drip rows, and three drip rows per bed varies significantly. The drip irrigation system price by Grekkon Limited is as per the farmer’s crop choice. The planting beds width is according to crop type. 0.8M wide beds are for 1 and 2 drip row crops. 1M wide beds are for 3 row drip crops.
Quarter-Acre Drip Irrigation Kits
1. How much does it cost to install drip irrigation on a quarter-acre?
- Kes 30,000. One drip row per bed crops such as watermelon 🍉
- Kes 40,000. Two drip row per bed crops; tomato, potato, capsicums, chilies, cabbage, kales, spinach, collards, and traditional vegetables .
- Kes 50,000. Three drip row per bed crops; French or green beans, strawberry, herbs, spices, onion, garlic.
The number of drip rows per bed remain the same whether the crop is established in the open field, or in a greenhouse.
2.How do you irrigate a quarter-acre?
During installation, we divide the farm into irrigation blocks according the the water volume, and water pressure available. The farmer will irrigate a block or two at a time for 20 to 40 minutes. This is depending on the crop water need.
3. How long should you run drip lines?
For gravity flow, we run them to a maximum of 25M. For water pump driven water, this extends to 40M per block.
4. How much does drip irrigation use per quarter-acre?
Drip irrigation is the most water efficient irrigation method. The amount of water the crop needs per day on average per acre is 16,000. A farmer will irrigate according to the depletion rate to maintain this volume in the soil.
As the leading drip irrigation kits supplier in Kenya, our technical team advises growers on crop drip irrigation management. We provide irrigation schedules for every crop, an carry out physical site visits to engage our farmers on the ground. Beyond drip irrigation, our farmers benefit from free agronomy advice by our company agronomists across the country.