Grekkon Limited’s venturi fertigation system has a bypass, a water pump, and a suction assembly. Our venturi fertigation system is an easy way of crop fertigation and pesticide drenching through the existing drip irrigation system. This fertigation system works without external energy
Steps to how a venturi fertigation system works
- There is a pressure difference created between the inlet and outlet to create a vacuum to initiate suction at the intake port
- Water moving into the injector system speeds up as it enters a constricted channel of the injector, causing a reduction of pressure.
- The reduction in water pressure causes fertilizer to rise up through the suction assembly into the water channel.
- The difference between the inlet side of the injector and the outlet is small, thus creating a small vacuum. The result is the creation of suction.
- Where the difference in pressure is sizeable, a larger vacuum is created, resulting in a larger suction.
Advantages of Grekkon Limited’s venturi fertigation system
- Has uniform injection rate from start to finish
- You can regulate the rate of flow of fertilizer or chemical
- It is cost-effective as there is no external energy spent
- Quick and easy installation.
- Zero maintenance cost
How to select a venturi fertigation system
When selecting a venturi injector, take a size that matches your drip irrigation system. Consider one that matches your irrigation water flow rate. Generally, a small-sized injector system will restrict the flow of the system, while an oversized system will have difficulties drawing fertilizers into the irrigation system.
Venturi injectors come in different sizes as ½’, 3/4′, 1’, 1-1/4, 1-1/2; and to 2’’. ½’’ and 3/4’’ are most popular with small and medium holder drip irrigation farmers.
Use a model from a reputable manufacturer and supplier like Grekkon Limited.
When installing venturi injectors
The injector outlet must remain flooded for it to work effectively
Always install the injector in a vertically upward position, with the outlet above.
What is the cost of a venturi fertigation system?
1. ½’’ Kes. 2,500
2. ¾’’ Kes 4,800
3. 1” Kes 5,500
We supply the most efficient and affordable venturi fertigation system in Kenya.