Grekkon Limited is a large irrigation equipment supplier in east Africa. Domiciled in Kenya, we serve farmers in; Cameroon, DRC, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Our irrigation materials, tools and equipment vary with the system adopted by a grower. Below is our irrigation equipment list
Irrigation Equipment Supplier: Types of Irrigation Equipment
- Drip kits. For both vegetable and fruit tree/ forestry irrigation. This includes; drip tape, 16mm HDPE pipe, starter connectors, off-takes, drip to drip connectors, button or online drippers, and end caps
- Rain hose kits. It has; rain hose pipe, off-takes, connectors and an end cap
- Sprinkler systems
3.1. Pop up sprinklers. These are sub-surface sprinklers for lawns, golf course, football pitches, and gardens
3.2. Rain gun sprinklers. These are metallic high pressure, high volume sprinklers for use in all crops.
3.3. Impact sprinklers. They are plastic and range from 1/2″ to 1″
3.4. Meganet sprinklers. These are plastic sprinklers that range from 1/2” to 1”
3.5. Micro sprinklers. 1/2″ butterfly type sprinklers
4. Misters and foggers. Used in greenhouses
5. Water pumps; generator diesel and petrol pumps, solar submersible, electric surface and submersible pumps. A foot valve, and suction pipes come with every petrol or diesel pump. A control box, and cabling with every solar or electric water pump
Every irrigation system has a main, and/ or sub-main pipes. Our irrigation pipes are HDPE and PVC. We advice on the right pipe thickness, size and type based on
- Land size; determines pipe size. Large pipes for large acreage
- Irrigation system adopted; any of the 1 to 3 above
- Land ownership system; leased or owned? HDPE for the former, PVC for the latter
These pipes have specific fittings which are; elbows, tees, valve sockets, ball valves, couplings, adaptors,sockets,saddle clamps, and end caps by type and size.
Our irrigation service team conducts systems installations service in E. Africa. We offer advisory services to manage the system well for many years.