As Kenya’s greenhouse construction company, we offer free crop management service through physical farm visits. This is in addition to our manuals on; how to construct a greenhouse, and a greenhouse crop growing guide. These greenhouse construction details are also a guide on greenhouse farming in Kenya. Every new greenhouse farmer receives from us manuals for all crops. Greenhouse tomato farming in Kenya is the most practiced activity in these structures.
As a greenhouse company in Kenya, we offer 2 types of galvanised steel greenhouse structures
1. Vented type greenhouses. They have an opening on the roof, and are taller in height. This opening, and additional height allows for more airflow in the structure, creating a higher cooling effect. These are for very hot- where average daily temperatures are beyond 30 degree celcius. This is for the mid to low altitude locations
2. Tunnel type greenhouses. Their roof is continuous, and have only the side ventilation. They are also shorter in height. Constructed in the highlands, or cool locations. Daily average temperatures here do not exceed 30 degrees celcius
Our greenhouse construction cost is here; https://grekkon.com/greenhouse-prices/
The cost of greenhouse polythene is Kes 80 per meter square. This greenhouse paper price is for the UV treated, anti fog type polythene. The color is either yellow or clear.
We cover with yellow greenhouse polythene mono colored ornamental crops, such as red roses. Other crops are leafy herbs. This is because it allows less UV light than the clear type.
Clear greenhouse polythene covers fruiting crops, bi and multi colored ornamental crops. These crops require more UV light for optimal productivity.
Kenya’s Greenhouse Construction Company; Summary
As Kenya’s greenhouse construction company, every one of our greenhouses has these standards
1. Galvanised steel structure
2. UV treated anti insect netting. This is white in color so as to repels insects
3. UV treated, anti drip greenhouse polythene
4. A sanitation pouch
5. Drip irrigation system, and or a misting/ fogging system where necessary