KSh115.00 (Exclusive of 3% Service Charge.)
We provide farmers with innovative ways of planting and growing high value crops, no matter the soil/environmental condition.
• 99%-100% of the seedlings will be transplanted,
• Pest and disease management is easy,
• High germination rate
• Seedlings are easily removed from the tray for transplanting with no shock.
We manufacture our seedling trays with UV treated PVC plastic material with cell sizes as; 28, 50, 66, 160, 200, 204, and 288. Every cell has a perforation at the bottom to allow for water drainage and root aeration. As a grower, you choose your planting tray based on;
- Usage. A farmer rearing silkworms and another one doing tree seedlings will use the 28 cell tray. A vegetable farmer will use the smaller cell trays.
- Maturity at transplanting time. Growers who intend to transplant the seedlings when they are tiny will use the 288 cell trays. A grower who wants a stronger crop at transplanting will use a tray with lesser cells.
- Size of seedlings. Onion has tiny seedlings that at maturity fit well in small cells. Tomato, peppers, cabbage, and chilies will use larger cell trays.
- Location of transplanting. A tomato or capsicums farmer transplanting seedlings to a greenhouse or shade house will have them smaller than a similar crop farmer transplanting to the open field. In the greenhouse or shade house, the crop is well protected from many perils. In the open field, the seedling has to be stronger to overcome all weather-related and other none weather-related perils.
Why use seedling trays?
In an era when farmers have graduated to high-value hybrid vegetable seed, seedling trays make it possible to account for each seedling. This makes it easy to count actual germination and seedling survival. The seedlings have less pest and disease infestation because the trays are used with sanitized growing media. At transplanting, the growing media covers the root system which prevents transplanting shock in the field or greenhouse. Transplanting shock slows down crop growth and delays maturity.
Grekkon Limited’s agronomists guide every farmer during procurement on the most appropriate tray to use.
|Number of Holes||
28 Holes, 50 Holes, 66 Holes, 160 Holes, 204 Holes, 288 Holes
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.