Grekkon Limited is the largest and best known commercial supplier of tailored fruits, vegetables, cereals, and meat solar dehydrators in Kenya. These galvanised steel updraft dehydrators are designed for food safety and have zero food contamination.
Types of solar dehydrators in Kenya
- Galvanised steel types. These are made from zinc galvanised steel pipes. They are also known as ‘greenhouse dryers’ in Kenya
- Wooden types. These are made from soft or hardwood timber
- Updraft dehydrators. The air moves upwards as it heats up and collects moisture fro the drying food.
- Downdraft dehydrators. Hot air is blown from above to dry food below
- Portable solar dehydrator. This one is movable from one location to another
- Fixed solar dehydrator. This one is immovable and is used only in one location
These dehydrators for Kenyan farmers are tailored to the client’s needs during design and construction. Fruit drying in Kenya is a rapidly growing market as a result of urbanisation. This has raised the demand for solar dehydrators for fruits and vegetables in the country.
It is made from steel or wood covered with material that allows entry and build up of heat in the structure.
Yes it is. Every Grekkon Limited’s dehydrator is made of polythene with anti-drip treatment which prevents the accumulation of dew on the paper. Dew causes molding in dried food.
Yes it is if you have a ready market for your dried foods
This is determined by the market. In Kenya, fruits, vegetables, cereals, tubers and meat are dried the most.
Dehydrated food will last beyond 5 years if well preserved
Grekkon Limited’s polythene has anti-UV treatment which blocks UV rays. UV rays cause color, taste, scent and nutritional degradation. Food from our dryers has all its constituents intact except for moisture