A lot of soils are contaminated and plants need a growing medium to help them with healthy growth.
We provide an alternative to soil, Cocoa peat. Helps give your crops uniformity and a good start.
Cocoa peat-made with coconut husks, is used as a replacement for traditional peat in soil mixtures, or, as soil-less substrate for plant cultivation.
Cocopeat is a multipurpose medium, made from coconut husks. It offers the best alternative for propagating seedlings and flower production. It is also used for soil amendments. For it to work effectively, it is to be washed and treated. This is because it contains sodium soluble salts that causes root hair scorching leading to poor germination.
Benefits of cocopeat
• Cocopeat is highly porous. This keeps the medium well aerated and loose for better root growth
• Has good water holding capacity. It ensures there is no over watering or under watering of your seedlings
• High porosity, high water holding capacity and high cation exchange capacity. Together. the quantity of media required per plant is little.
• It is easy to transport coco peat because it is compressed
• It provides a great environment for root beneficial fungi and bacteria to grow. This is because it is a none acidic medium which is a conducive environment for microorganism multiplication.
• The fact that it has zero nutrients means you can easily formulate various quantities required for your seedlings.
• It is disease and pest free because we sanitise it during production. This destroys all fungus, bacterial, or insect pests.
As the leading coco peat supplier in Kenya, Grekkon Limited’s agronomy team advises nurseries and other users of the product on best practices to make the best out of it.
Our coco peat as a natural substitute for soil. It is sanitised during production. It is free of any infection or pest attack on the crop.
- 5kg block enough for approximately 12-17 trays.
- 2.5kg block enough for 1-3 seedling trays
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.