Grekkon Limited is a pioneer of double-emitter drip tapes in Kenya. Our GrekkoDrip tapes have 2 emitters instead of the usual one emitter after a certain spacing. Double emitter drip tapes have gained popularity among farmers for their efficiency and longevity. During our drip system installations, a drip irrigation pressure regulator is included.
Advantages of double emitter drip tapes
It will work under low gravity and also under very high water pump pressure. Under gravity, it works with one emitter, and under high pressure, both emitters release water
It does not easily clog and when one emitter is clogged, the other one works in its stead
High discharge rate
Grekkon Limited’s double emitter drip pipes have a discharge rate of 1.2 to 2.5 liters per hour. This ensures limited clogging problems and they work well too under high pressure
Drip lines prices
Features of the double emitter drip pipes
- Thickness. 0.3mm or 0.4mm
- Flow rate. 1.25 to 2.5 liters per hour
- Diameter. 16mm
- Roll length. 1,000M
- Anti -UV. 5% anti-UV treatment
- Material. 90% virgin plastic material
- Hole double emitter spacing. 10cm (for onion, garlic, and other closely spaced crops, 20cm (for both closely and sparsely spaced crops planted together), 30cm ( tomato, strawberry, peppers, etc), and 1M (for watermelon and some fruit trees)
- Working pressure. from 0.5M
Double Emittehttps://grekkon.com/garlic-irrigation-in-kenya/r Tapes FAQs
i. How much does it cost to put in a drip system?
From Kes 110,000 per acre
ii. Where can I buy drip irrigation tubing?
From any Grekkon Limited store in Nairobi, Kisumu, Eldoret, Nyeri, Meru, and Nyahururu store
iii. What is the best drip irrigation tubing?
The one that conforms to the technical features given above
iv. How long should you run a drip system?
At least 30 minutes daily in the hot months. In the wet/ cooler months, do it only when the soil is dry
v. How often should you water with a drip system?
Irrigate only when the soil is dry
vi. What are the disadvantages of drip irrigation?
- It is expensive to install
- The drip tapes have to be replaced every 3-4 years